The Carter Center’s Democracy Program regularly recruits volunteers and consultants to fill a variety of posts, such as observers on an international election observation mission, an evaluation specialist to analyze the program’s impact, or a field office director overseeing the direct implementation of a project. Our needs change often, so please join our recruitment mailing list through the link below, or check this page frequently to see if new positions are posted.
Join our Recruitment Mailing List
To receive all recruitment notices by email as soon as they are posted, please join our recruitment mailing list. You can complete the mailing list registration form here.
Please click on the the links below to be directed to a description of each position and instructions on how to apply. Any inquiries related to a posted position should be directed to the contact person and address included in the position notice.
- Field Office Director – Kinshasa, DRC
- Field Office Director – Nairobi, Kenya
- Deputy Field Office Director/Operation Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
- Security Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
- Observer Coordinator – Nairobi, Kenya
- Legal/Electoral Analyst- Nairobi, Kenya
- Long-Term Observers – Nairobi,Kenya
- Consultant- Field Office Director (Yangon, Myanmar)