The Carter Center is guided by a fundamental commitment to promote human rights, alleviate human suffering, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health conditions. The Center seeks a highly qualified, motivated, and energetic consultant to the Center’s US Elections Project.
This position requires up to 14 days of work per month.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Location: Remote, with possible travel to Atlanta and other states The Carter Center will be working in
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Length of Assignment: Through August 31, 2024, with high likelihood of extension or contract renewal depending on performance
The Democracy Program at The Carter Center works globally to support and strengthen participatory democracy, consistent with human rights. Beginning in 2020, The Carter Center began efforts to support elections in the United States. There are multiple key aspects to this project: establishing nonpartisan observation efforts, bolstering the electoral dispute resolution process, tracking disinformation and dangerous speech, contributing to electoral reform, and promoting a set of candidate principles for trusted elections.
The Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections seeks to inspire voters and champion unwavering integrity by embracing by committing five core principles: Honest Process, Civil Campaign, Secure Voting, Fair Oversight, and Trusted Outcomes. In 2022, the Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections were signed by 78 organizations, 130 candidates, and almost 3,000 supporters. The coordinator for this project would assist our two consultants who serve as project leads in the Center’s promotion efforts for the principles.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring coordination among the Carter Center staff members and consultants working on the Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections project;
- Supporting recurring communication with and support for organizational partners and signers;
- Tracking project timelines, election timelines, and individual project deadlines and goals to ensure that the team is on track for 2023 and 2024 elections and well prepared for any upcoming deadlines or events;
- Coordination of outreach to organizations that support the Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections.
- Assisting in the scheduling and preparation of stakeholder meetings and events;
- Drafting Carter Center communications and other messaging products;
Website and Contact Management:
- Organize and clean excel and csv files for importation to the Dynamics CRM
- Manage The Carter Center’s CRM for this project, ensuring that all contacts are properly organized in the system and all relevant staff and consultants understand how to use it;
- Manage needed updates to the Candidate Principles website (currently on WordPress and possibly moving to another platform) and make needed edits;
- Liaise with Carter Center staff on any IT needs for the project;
Social Media Engagement and Outreach:
- Assist consultants in developing an organizational message and theory-of-the-case development
- Assist consultants in developing a social media outreach plan and timeline to utilize social channels to highlight candidates and states, who are committed to the cause
- Create and promote social channels including: TikTok, Instagram, Twitter
- Develop unique social media posts that promotes the Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections
- Track social media engagements
- Assist in the execution of strategic partnerships and influencer outreach
- Identify possible placements for op-eds
- 2-4 years of experience working on project coordination, campaigns, or other related experiences
- Understanding of the electoral environment in the United States
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a diverse and inter-disciplinary team.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Hands-on experience with the Microsoft office suite Experience with Beaver Builder on WordPress or similar website design tool.
- Organized, efficient, and a strong, proactive communicator.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project demands.
To apply, please fill out the form at the link below and attach a CV and Cover Letter. https://filerequestpro.com/up/uselectionsrecruiting
Only applications submitted at the above site will be considered.
Deadline for submissions:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested parties are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Only those candidates selected for an interview or additional consideration will be notified by the Center. No separate emails, phone calls, or in-person contacts, please.