The Carter Center (TCC) is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflict, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health. To these ends, The Center seeks a highly qualified and motivated consultant to serve as a Short-Term Full-Stack Developer to support the Digital Threats to Democracy and Elections Project.
The full-stack developer should have experience with Python, web scraping, bash scripting,
and the Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment. In this position, the individual will build a re-usable product to capture and store structured and unstructured data via API and web scraping on a daily basis, and renders data via web in a minimal interactive front-end user interface.
- Make API calls to retrieve, store, and update structured data
- Schedule API calls and remote web scraping jobs to run on daily basis (cron)
- Develop interactive front-end interface to render data in structured manner
- Develop bound webform to collect data via front-end user interface
- Integrate multi-language support for front-end interface
- Develop generalized code base for reuse and deployment
- Write technical documentation to facilitate reuse and deployment
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience with APIs (calls)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment and Services (Virtual Machines, Blob storage, CDN)
- Familiarity with GitHub
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a goal of filling the position by June 15, 2020. To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “Digital Threats Stack Developer” in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview or additional consideration will be notified by the Center, no phone calls please.